Sumerville Tea™ is a Tsubaki Tea™ cultivar grown from cuttings and every plant is an exact duplicate or clone. This cultivar has historical origins dating back to some of the first tea plants grown in America in the 19th century.
Approximately 10-12" tall - Gallon Containers - 1-2 Years Old
- Species: Camellia Sinensis var. sinensis (Chinese Type Tea)
- Bloom Color: White
- Bloom Size: Small
- Bloom Form: Single
- Bloom Season: early fall
- Growth Habit: Slow Growth - Compact Growing Tea Plant
- Leaf Structure: Medium leaf tea with smooth foliage
- Maintainable Height: 4-6′
- Maintainable Width: 4-6′
- Light Preferences: Full sun to filtered light
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
- Special Characteristics: Camellia sinensis tea plants are used for making tea.
- Cold tolerant to 25ºF on healthy, well established and adequately hydrated plants for short period.