Camellia hiemalis 'Shi Shi Gashira' is a low growing Camellia and is similar to the species Camellia sasanqua. It works well in places where you need a low growing plant. It blooms each fall with a mass of bright pink blooms.
- Species: hiemalis (Sasanqua type)
- Bloom Color: Bright pink
- Bloom Size: Small
- Bloom Form: Semidouble showing stamens
- Bloom Season: Fall
- Growth Habit: Low Compact
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Maintainable Height: 2-3' or larger
- Maintainable Width: 2-3'or larger
- Light Preferences: Sun to part shade
- Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9, possible zone 7
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!