Noted as arriving in England from Japan in 1887, the origins of this heirloom plant are known. A fine cultivar that is just as popular today as it was over 130 years ago.
Trade gallon pot - 1 to 2 year old - Average 10-12” tall
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: Medium pink
- Bloom Size: Large 4-5"
- Bloom Form: Semidouble
- Bloom Season: Mid to late winter
- Growth Habit: Upright and spreading
- Growth Rate: Vigorous ( +8 inches of new growth per season)
- Maintainable Height: 4-6'
- Maintainable Width: 4-6'
- Light Preferences: Light sun to shade
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!