An award winning, striking seedling raised by Mr August Kramer of Kramer Bros. Nurseries, Upland, California, USA. This plant has a very light scent! Beautiful foliage that grows very fast!
NICE LARGE PLANTS - Current Average Size: 18-24" 1Gallon Containers - 2 year old plants
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: Deep dark red with scattered stamens
- Bloom Size: Large
- Bloom Form: Peony form
- Bloom Season: Mid to late winter
- Growth Habit: Dense upright growth
- Growth Rate: Average ( 4-8 inches of new growth per season)
- Maintainable Height: 4-6'
- Maintainable Width: 4-6'
- Light Preferences: Filtered Light
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
- Special Characteristics: Mass bloomer, beautiful foliage
- Climate Zone Recommendations for Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9, possible zone 7
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!