Herbert Earl Gatch - Camellia Japonica Quart Pot 8-10" Tall
Beautiful Camellia that boasts vivid red stripes on a white flower! Excellent Garden Variety Camellia. 'Herbert Earl Gatch' was named after Herbert Gatch and his son Earl Gatch. Both loved Camellias and this seedling of c. Japonica Lady Laura was named in honor of
Quart pot - 1 year old - Average 8-10” tall
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: White with red to dark pink stripes, flecks and spotches.
- Bloom Size: Large 3-4"
- Bloom Form: Semidouble
- Bloom Season: Mid to Late
- Growth Habit: Upright growth
- Growth Rate: Average
- Maintainable Height: 4-6' or larger
- Maintainable Width: 4-6' or larger
- Light Preferences: Light Shade, filtered light
- Special Characteristics: very large flower
- Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9, possible zone 7
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!