Debutante Camellia Japonica ~ Quart Pot
This old-time favorite never seems to go out of style. Originally listed as 'Sara C. Hastie' by Wilson, 1930, then as 'Sara C. Hastie' (Debutante) by Fruitland Nursery Catalogue, 1836-1937 and finally as Debutante, Gerbings Azalea Nurseries, 1938-1939.
Average Size: 10-12" tall Quart Pot - 1-year-old plants
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: Soft baby pink
- Bloom Size: Medium 3-4"
- Bloom Form: Semidouble to peony
- Bloom Season: Late fall to late winter
- Growth Habit: Dense slow compact growth
- Growth Rate: Average ( 4-8 inches of new growth per season)
- Maintainable Height: 4-6'
- Maintainable Width: 4-6'
- Light Preferences: Filtered shade
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
- Climate Zone Recommendations for Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!