One of Ackerman Hybrid Camellias grown for cold hardiness. Developed in Washington DC at the National Arboretum as an experiment after a cold wave killed many other camellias.
Trade gallon pot - 1-2 years old 12-18” tall
- Species: Sasanqua hybrid
- Bloom Color: Pink
- Bloom Size: small
- Bloom Form: Single
- Bloom Season: fall
- Growth Habit: upright dense
- Growth Rate: vigorous
- Maintainable Height: 5-6' or larger
- Maintainable Width: 5-6' or larger
- Light Preferences: Sun to light shade.
- Special Characteristics: Some degree of cold hardiness.
- Outdoor Planting: Zones 7-8-9 Cold tolerant under normal winter conditions in 6B. Extreme winter conditions, immature plants, or improper planting or cold protection could result in injury or death in colder climates.
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!