Boston Tea is a Tsubaki Tea cultivar. They are grown from cuttings and every plant is an exact duplicate or clone. Boston Tea was not developed in Boston, but is named after the famous show of disapproval for unfair taxation which led to the unification of a nation! Remember the 'Boston Tea Party'?
Approximately 10-12" tall - Trade Gallon Containers - 1-2 Years Old
- Species: Camellia Sinensis var. sinensis (Chinese Type Tea)
- Bloom Color: White
- Bloom Size: Small
- Bloom Form: Single
- Bloom Season: early fall
- Growth Habit: Dense, vigorous growth
- Leaf Structure: Small to Medium leaf tea with smooth foliage
- Upright and dense growth habit
- Maintainable Height: 4-6′
- Maintainable Width: 4-6′
- Light Preferences: Full sun to filtered light
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
- Special Characteristics: Camellia sinensis tea plants are used for making tea.
- Cold tolerant to 25ºF on healthy, well established and adequately hydrated plants for short periods