Not many reds can hold up to Bobbie Fain. The plant is beautiful and lush with or without the big beautiful dark red flowers. Bobbie Fain was developed by Dr. Homeyer of Macon, Georgia, USA.
Current Average Size: 18-24" ~ Gallon Containers ~ 2 year old plants
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: Deep dark red
- Bloom Size: Large
- Bloom Form: Peony form
- Bloom Season: Mid to late winter
- Growth Habit: Dense upright growth
- Growth Rate: Average ( 4-8 inches of new growth per season)
- Maintainable Height: 4-6'
- Maintainable Width: 4-6'
- Light Preferences: Filtered Light
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
- Special Characteristics: Mass bloomer, beautiful foliage
- Climate Zone Recommendations for Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9, possible zone 7
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!