Ave Maria is a seedling of 'Paeoniaeflora', (Aspasia Macarthur) and bloomed for the first time in 1953. Originated in San Jose, California. This is an early fall bloomer.
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: Pale Pink
- Bloom Size: Small
- Bloom Form: Formal Double
- Bloom Season: Early
- Growth Habit: Dense compact grower
- Growth Rate: Average
- Maintainable Height: 3-4' or larger
- Maintainable Width: 3-4' or larger
- Light Preferences:Filtered light
- Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9, possible zone 7
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!