Our first seedling, named for our founder, Francis Eugene Phillips. This extraordinary flower has holly-like foliage and medium to large flowers that have scalloped petals. Typically blending from pink to white. Francis Eugene Phillips can throw sports of solid pink and white with a pink stripe. A Classic Camellia™ Cultivar
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: White blending to lighter pink at edges
- Bloom Size: Large - 4-5"
- Bloom Form: Semidouble to peony
- Bloom Season: Late fall to late winter
- Growth Habit: Dense upright growth
- Growth Rate: Average ( 4-8 inches of new growth per season)
- Maintainable Height: 4-6'
- Maintainable Width: 4-6'
- Light Preferences: Filtered light conditions
- Special Characteristics: Scalloped petal flowers on heavily serrated foliage that looks like a holly bush!
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant