Christmas Beauty Variegated is a variegated form of Christmas Beauty - Bright red blotched white. Originated by V. Howell, Pelahatchie, Mississippi, USA registered in 1959. Foliage has a weepy habit and often displays some foliage variegation as well as flowers.
Current Average Size: 10-12" Gallon Containers - 1-2 year old plants
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: Large pink with white blotches
- Bloom Size: large
- Bloom Form: Semidouble showing stamens
- Bloom Season: Mid to late Winter
- Growth Habit: Upright open growth
- Growth Rate: Vigorous
- Maintainable Height: 4-5' or larger
- Maintainable Width 4-5' or larger
- Light Preferences: Filtered light
- Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9, possible zone 7
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!