This hybrid Camellia was developed by McCaskill Gardens in Pasadena California in 1960. It is an excellent growing garden variety Camellia.
Trade Gallons ~ 1-2 years old ~ 10-12" tall
- Species: Hybrid ~ Japonica x C. williamsii
- Bloom Color: Rose Lavender
- Bloom Form: Semi-Double
- Bloom Size - Small
- Bloom Season: Mid winter to late winter
- Growth Habit: Dense upright growth
- Growth Rate: Average
- Maintainable Height: 4-6’
- Maintainable Width: 4-6’
- Light Preferences: Filtered Light
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Container Plant
- Climate Zone Recommendations for Outdoor Planting: Zones 8-9, possible zone 7
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!