Hands down, Frankie Winn and the variegated Frankie Winn are the best japonica camellias to come out of the 20th century. Their mass blooms cover plants in mid Fall and keep on going through mid season. Developed by Wallace Winn of Savannah, GA in honor of his lovely Wife.
Average Size: 8-10" tall Gallon Containers - 1 year old plants
- Species: Japonica
- Bloom Color: Soft baby pink
- Bloom Size: Medium 3-4"
- Bloom Form: Semidouble to peony
- Bloom Season: Late fall to late winter
- Growth Habit: Dense compact growth
- Growth Rate: Average ( 4-8 inches of new growth per season)
- Maintainable Height: 4-6'
- Maintainable Width: 4-6'
- Light Preferences: Filtered shade
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
Camellias younger than 3 years old usually don’t have many buds. Plant now for buds later!