C. sinensis var. sinensis tea plants. Commonly grown from seeds or cuttings from seedling plants that have not been named. Plants will have slight variance between them but are still perfect for growing and making your own tea.
- Species: Camellia Sinensis var. sinensis
- Gallon containers - plants average 10-12" tall, sometimes larger.
- Bloom Color: Varies from White to pink depending on the plant
- Bloom Size: Small
- Bloom Form: Single
- Bloom Season: early fall
- Growth Habit: Dense, vigorous upright growth
- Leaf Structure: Medium leaf tea with moderate texture, dark green
- Maintainable Height: 4-6′
- Maintainable Width: 4-6′
- Light Preferences: Full sun to filtered light
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
- Special Characteristics: Camellia sinensis tea plants are used for making tea.
- Cold tolerant to 30ºF on healthy, well established and adequately hydrated plants for short periods
Camelliashop.com only sells generic Camellia sinensis Tea Plants. To see additional varieties, please visit our sister site www.teaplantstogo.com.